Thursday, March 20, 2008

Image Burple: Pics from the journey so far.

After a marathon flight I'm finally in the PI, have been for almost a week now actually. It's taken me this time to get used to the time difference, shrug off jet lag and get myself somewhat situated. Still looking for a condo though. Here are some pictures I took during the course of the trip, starting of course with my departure from Lagos.

These were taken on the road to the airport.

That's Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

These next few were taken at the Dubai International Airport, I had an eight over layover... not pleasant.

I was soooooo glad to finally get to my hotel room in Makati. It was on the 22nd floor and I''ve got vertigo, but I still brave the balcony. I've got a two week reservation but expect to be out of here shortly... I hope.

Sleepy, tired and bleary eyed, and yet ever so lovable.

Filipino Monies, or as they're called here, Piso's.


This shot and the next few ones are of the view from the balcony.


That's the Makati Sports Center, where people play ping pong on very big tables on the ground with large paddles.

This isn't a view from the balcony, it's Salcedo Tower, the QJ offices are located within on the 8th floor.

The entrance to our current digs!

This is where the writers ply their trade. Just look at those woidsmith's go!

My office! Which is still barren.


Oh yeah! Possibly the best meal I've had so far. It was from a delivery place called Thai in a Box. This was the appetizer, chicken parts (thighs?) wrapped in some sort of leaf.

You don't eat the chicken with the leaf wrapped around it...

The main course, no idea what it was called, but it was so, so gooooooood!

Well, that's it for PI pics for now, will take some more and post 'em soon!

4 comments:

taylor said...

I'm so jealous! The view is amazing, if I were you I would just move my desk out onto the balcony and sit there all day. I'm sure you can find an extension cord long enough.

Wait, are the photos from the balcony from the balcony at your office or the balcony at your hotel? Now I have confused myself... But either way I think I'd sit out there all day if I could.

Shobo said...

The photos are from the balcony at my hotel, my office unfortunately doesn't have any windows, the QJ offices are located closer to the center of the building.

I do spend a good deal of time on the balcony of the hotel room though :)

The pixter pod said...

OH MY GAWD SHOOBOO!!! That food looked soooooo good! Damn you, you know I'm pregnant! How'my s'posed to get that food to Memphis? Lets see...what else..Your place of work looks very swank, and I like your office too. Is that a chase lounge in there?? What are the bathrooms like in PI? I keep meaning to ask. Your hotel room looks..average, but the view is AWESOME. Thanks for braving it. So next time you're out there, imagine yourself bungy-jumping from your floor. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Now, i must find something to replace this new stupid craving of chicken and leaves...wait! I have chicken...and there are leaves outside!!!

Shobo said...

Erica: Yarp, the food was soooooo tasty, it was just the right amount of spicy too. I really want to order from there again but it's Holy Week and everything is closed till Monday.

It is indeed a chaise lounge... I use it to drill the writers, have them sit on it and then I as them about their feelings.

Bathrooms in the PI naturally flush the opposite way ;)