Thursday, October 25, 2007

No Paint, No Gain.

So yeah, Bolaji's slacking off on providing pencils for me to practice with so I had to find these pencils on the net. It's not really anywhere near the subject material we'll be dealing with, but I get to practice. Unfortunately the source file was pretty tiny at 72dpi. Does anyone know where to get good pencils to practice on? Anyway, I'm not entirely satisfied with the piece, still lacks those "lighter tones" Erica mentioned were missing in the last image, and the characters seem pasted in. Still workin'!



5 comments:

Robots and Stuff. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robots and Stuff. said...

i mean, i'm sure you've heard about this, but have you heard about this?

Lighthouse Pilot said...

I like the sheen of the spidey suite, but I think the green for the hulk looks a little saturated. You might try toning it down a hint. Other than that I dig it!

Shobo said...

I get a D- for monitoring my own blog!

John: Of course I've heard of it, I'm a massive GEEK!! Pretty excited for it also.

Shane: Hi man! Good to hear from you. I was torn between the 'Hulm must be GREEN!!" and "go against the grain" schools of thought. I'm not entirely happy about how this one turned out though.

The pixter pod said...

ah! Getting better...even though I know nothing of this technique, I agree with Shane. But still an improoooovment!