Monday, March 3, 2008

Beach pictures!

Dad woke me up Sunday morning and said "come on, we're going to the beach!" So we did, and here are some pictures from the lovely day.

I took a picture of my mom and dad by the old Fleetwood in the backyard before we left.

We're arriving at Alpha Beach now.

That hut in the bottom picture is the one we chose to spend the day.

The barbecue in the last pic is called "suya" (pronounced soo-yah). It's very tasty :)

After the beach, we stopped by at Chocolat Royale and picked up some tasty goodies, I just got an oatmeal cookie, but what an oatmeal cookie!

Yum!

6 comments:

Shof Coker said...

Jeez Shobo you're killing us... Funlola almost cried when she saw the suya and all the beach stuff, with the chocolat royale. It looks like you guys are living in paradise. Oh and who's ancient but wondermazing car is that?

Shobo said...

The fantacular vehicle belongs to Uncle Olu (Amoda). He left it here while he's in the States. It's about twice as long as the Honda, a real beast.

The suya wasn't particularly tasty, but it was very tender. Chocolat Royal are actually renovating at the mo, so they've moved into a temporary structure that quite frankly looks a little... low rent. Still, the goodies don't suffer for it ;)

taylor said...

It wouldn't be possible for me to be more jealous of you! While you were getting to enjoy a wonderful day at the cookie eating at the beach, we had to suffer through 18 continuous hours of miserable rain. Oh I'm jealous. But happy for you still!

I forgot to mention how cute your parents look together. awwww.

Shobo said...

Mwahahaha! I flaunt my beachy goodness freely! Actually we're headed to another beach this weekend so I'll take some more pictures :)

Joy Akut said...

the pic makes alpha beach look like a heavenly paradise...

nice blog.

Shobo said...

Why thank you kindly mysterious queen of fantasy :)