Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Avast there, ye scurvy landlubber!

In case you hadn't guessed already, I just came back (yesterday really) from seeing Pirates of the Caribbean with the whole family. I don't know if the movie was actually good, but I really enjoyed the experience. It was the first time we were all able to go see a movie together and it was wonderful to sit down and just soak it all in with the whole team.

In other news I should be getting a shiny new laptop shortly with some killer specs that should allow me to test run the latest games more efficiently (work related, of course).

And then there's internet access, which has been driving me up the wall - that and I've been dodging "old friends" as much as possible lately.

8 comments:

Lighthouse Pilot said...

Glad to hear from you!

I'm going to have to see Pirates a second time to decide how I feel about it. I wasn't pleased with how Will and Elizabeth's story played out. It was better once I stayed past the credits, but still not what I was hoping for. It just feels like they ignored some of the things they were building up to and left a few questions unanswered.

Shobo said...

I have to say I definitely enjoyed this more than the second, mainly because there was much less Will and because it seemed that characters were acting generally in their own interest. I enjoyed the fact that Will was played as a "baddie" for most of the movie, and I relished every scene with Barbosa in it. I really didn't like the marriage scene though.

Evan said...

thanks, guys! now i don't have to go see it!

*slumps sadly in the corner*

Lighthouse Pilot said...

It's worth seeing, Ev. I'm not saying it isn't awesome...just not the awesome I was hoping for. Rest assured, sir, that it is still...AWESOME.

Go see it.

The pixter pod said...

Pash! I'll stick to the Goonies, thanks.

michelle said...

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound!

All I have to say about Pirates is that Orlando Bloom kinda annoys the living crap outta me. (I've only seen the first one)

Shobo said...

Yes, the Bloomy one annoys me as well, which is why I was glad he somewhat pushed aside in this third outing.

PS. Evan, sorry, I should have issued a spoiler alert!

Evan said...

it's ok. i'll see it anyway.

there's a tiny theater near our apartment that only shows one movie at a time. i'm gonna see it there.