Thursday, March 20, 2008

Image Burple: Before I left Lagos...

We went to Eleko beach! It was the weekend before I left, took a while to get there, it was so far out I was sure no one else would be on the beach. I was sadly mistaken. Still, we had a good time and it was quite a bit of fun.




BIG SHOBO FACE!

When these guys showed up all hell broke loose. People started running and screaming all over the beach, shots rang out... not really. They dance in front of your hut in exchange for munny.

Bear with me, there's a payoff.

... and there it is, the source of my power and wizdumb, the shell-toe.

My dad took this picture and I quite like it. A fellow selling these came by our hut.

If it isn't already obvious, we're testing the structural integrity of the hut in this pic. I told dad I didn't think the support beam could carry a man's weight, he bet it could and we proceeded to test the theory. Thankfully he was right.

Awwwww! Isn't my momma cute!?

There are no restrooms at the beach.

Um..... I got nothing. However I like this picture so it goes up.

And that's about it. :)

5 comments:

taylor said...

I love the beach pictures! And you are right your mom is beautiful, now I know where Funlola gets it from. However, I didn't know what to think about the little boy and the tree? bush? whatever you might call it looking thing beside him. But if it dances, I'm all for it!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that mean looking face you made, nice, but not the least bit scary.

I think the last picture with your dad is my favorite though. A nice final touch!

Shobo said...

I walk around with a mean face on ALL the time, it stops people from talking to me!

Also, that tree/bush thing is actually a little kid all dressed up, it's a masquerade y'see. There were actually two of them dancing, but the other one ran off because his oversize costume was falling off. Bless 'im.

The pixter pod said...

Is that Ralph with you guys? I realized I've never seen a picture of him. It looks nice. Although, I wouldn't be under the hut if your dad were hanging from the beams...

Shof Coker said...

Those palm leaf masquerade guys look so fantastic I want to include them in a story pronto or draw them or sumthin!
I do have to say that pose in the final pic with Daddy is classic, and yes mummy looks really cute with the hat on.

Shobo said...

Erica: Yes, that's Ralph, he's a fun and funny guy!

Shof: I tried calling you last night night, none of you'se picked up!!