Monday, May 14, 2007

Off to a bang!

Well, it's time to start yet another project destined for failure methinks! I'm actively working on quite a few projects at the moment, one's a community forged videogame production project headed by former Shiny Entertainment President, Dave Perry. I'm a member of one of the community's many mushroom development groups known as Team Quietus (cryptic, I know). Our recent task was to come up with some track designs for the game (which is a racing game). I wasn't given as much notice as I'd like, but I was able to cobble some stuff together, and here it be:




















Though it's pretty simple I'm happy with the way this one turned out. I haven't had much experience using a pen tablet (not as much as I'd like anyway) so i think it turned out decent.



This one I'm not so crazy about, I think I tried to get a little fancy too fast, and got a little carried away with the dodge and burn tools (which I don't think are great for painting anyway). Lesson learned I s'pose. I also had to rush the inks on this, shame one me!



I'm really not happy with the way this one turned out, it's just so... bleh. I did pencil, ink and paint it in just a few hours on a mad rush to beat the deadline though.



This one was definitely my favorite one to draw, but again, I didn't have the time to ink or color it like I'd have liked.



Ah yes, the straggler. The one I only finished inking minutes before the deadline. Incomplete inks, no background to speak of, and no colors... sigh.

More stuff to come soon!

7 comments:

Pulpatooner said...

Looks fun, Mr. Coker!

michelle said...

Welcome to blog world! I really like that one with that big stone heads, I always love the way you draw that kind of stuff.
You're back in Nigeria?

Shobo said...

Thanks Joel!

Michelle, no I'm not back in Nigeria just yet, but I'll be leaving on the 22nd, so I figured I might as well preemptively enter my location :)

Evan said...

somehow, even though i haven't seen or talked to you in quite some time, i somehow feel like i'm going to miss you.... (;_;)

*internet hug*

michelle said...

So soon! Geez. Will you be coming back this way any time soon?
And I second Evan's comment. But at least there's this internet-thingy, it seems to be very handy for keeping in touch with far away people:)
Have a safe trip!

Shobo said...

Awww thanks guys, that's so sweet! I really wish I could stay, tried everything in my power but it seems it's not in the cards. I'll be trying to apply for grad school at MCA next fall, so we'll see how that turns out. And yeah, thankfully we've got the miracle of teh internets.

Lighthouse Pilot said...

I second Michelle's motion to second Evan's comment about missing you. I certainly hope you're able to work things so that you can come back...if that's what you want. These designs are fun. I'm with Michelle on the stone heads. Let's shoot for getting together for lunch or dinner one evening this week or this weekend if you have time.