Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Found a place to live

After much searching and walking around Makati with Cindy, the kind lady from HR, I think I've finally found a place to live. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to work, and is located near the Greenbelt malls and park, which is good. It's on the 16th floor of a building called Greenbelt Park Place and is a small, brand new, one bedroom unit. My only problem with the place is that it's got no balcony, and the view isn't as great as I'd have hoped. Oh yea, and there's construction going on next door, but then it seems there's construction going on everywhere in Makati.

The building is only 3 years old and there are lots of nice amenities, including a swimming pool, game room with a billiards table, two new saunas, a well equipped gym, some restaurants on the bottom floor of the building, and cable tv and telephone service. But enough talk, on to the pictures!

The front entrance, lobby and pool respectively. The pool also has three hokey looking dolphin sculptures on the other side.

Well that's that. The accounting department at QJ I believe is taking care of things so I should probably be moved in by tomorrow or the next day. I still have one more place to look at but I doubt my mind will be changed.

7 comments:

The pixter pod said...

wowwwwweeeeee!!! Shooboo, that's so nice, I want to go swimming sooooooooo bad I can feel it! When do you move in? Do they allow cats there? So does the apartment come furnished? I saw the bed. That's a nice feature. Soooo cool!

Shobo said...

Features include a bed, sofa, kitchen crockery chairs and dining table, some end tables and a TV. I dunno if they allow cats, I'd LOOOOOVE to get one though!

I might move in either tomorrow or the day after, not entirely sure just yet.

And yes, you three are welcome to come swimming whenever you wish.

Mama Randa Morning Glory said...

hey Shobo! It's me, Miranda, from Illinois. Fancy place you've got there in the Phillipines! That's so very cool. Happy to see that you are doing well.

Shobo said...

oh my! Hi Miranda!

Grrrrrreat to hear from you! Even more wonderful to find out you've got a blog, and there are pictures of Ari on it too, he's such a good kid and I miss him loads. Give him a big hug for me and say me well to him. I'll be watching your space!

taylor said...

Nice find! I'm impressed and very excited for you. I'm sure you'll have it feeling like home in no time. So CONGRATS! I can't wait to see more photos!

voice1 said...

Hi!! i'm stopping by to type a word or two . . . the hotel looks fun . . . i would like to see the honky dolphins though ;o))) i'll stop by soon shobo!! hugs!***

Shobo said...

Heyyy! Hi Ashley!

I really shoulda taken a pic of the dolphins, maybe when I'm up there again I'll have 'em pose fer me.