Monday, April 25, 2011

Ice Cream and Marshmallows

You know those task lists you create in MS Word, or Zimbra, or Outlook that track what it is you're currently working on in the office? Well mine just blew right past comically long. I need to get a handle on things.

At present work is moving a mile a minute. Sure, I complain, but I'm not sure I'd have it any other way at the moment. Besides, I'm still trying to prove to myself I can actually do this, actually wrap my head around properly managing and organizing what needs to be er, managed and organized. It'll pay off personally and professionally. Maybe

I was thinking last week that I need to start writing a journal, mainly because I hardly ever blog about anything deeply personal here. And lets be honest, in a hundred years when I long gone people are gonna want, nay, need to know how I spent my valuable lying around time.

I discovered ice cream with marshmallows in it last week. I've had 3 and a half TUBS of the stuff this week. That can't be good.

I've also been meaning to start writing a series of posts about roMANce Movies for Guys (non-working title), but for one reason or another I haven't got around it to it. My list so far reads thus:

  • Karate Kid II (stop snickering in the back)
  • Solaris (the 2002 Soderbergh flick)
  • The Fountain
  • I'm tempted to ad Superman: The Movie.

Oh hey! I had a haircut this weekend (in hopeful anticipation of the resurrection of my estranged dating life). This news is in and of itself not really significant except that it was a "proper" haircut performed by a professional, and not one that was self inflicted. All told I think it went well... except that my barber, a friendly man by the name of Mr Ed (I kid you not!) took to cleaning up the fringes of my haircut with a straight edge, and my poor delicate skin just does not take kindly to the touch of the blade.

Finally, I recently started watching the TV show Frasier, frankly, it's brilliant. I'd caught an episode here and there in the past, but never really kept track of things.

No comments: