Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I HATE US!

Is almost an anagram for "HIATUS", which is what I've been on... blogging-wise anyway. All this time off has given me the opportunity to get some work done... on my videogame.

I've set up a website, we've recruited an animator and a programmer, and been busy little elves tackling the numerous problems associated with developing a videogame while coordinating things from halfway across the globe. If you get a chance please check the website out, I'm sorta proud of of the logo which I designed, there's not a lotta content up just yet, but it will be updated periodically as development progresses.

In other news, I just (like yesterday) started work on my exhibition (and MCA grad school portfolio) pieces. Here's the first WIP image. It's almost done but I'm putting it aside to work on a second piece, get some distance and then come back to.

Oh yeah, this piece is 30x36 or thereabouts. My original plan was to have the fellow on the wall speaking in a comic book style speech bubble, when I come back to it I'll see if I can make that work, I wasn't pleased with the initial results.

6 comments:

Tim Bostelle said...

Shobo, nice piece there. Love the art.

As for the other site, it looks just fine. Needs some content though!

Cheers, Tim from 7amkickoff

Shobo said...

Hey thanks Tim! Great work on your end as well :)

michelle said...

That is indeed very pretty. "MCA grad portfolio"? Are you planning to come back to us??

Shobo said...

Hey Michelle!


Yurp, the plan is to come back and do the whole grad shcool thing spring next year. Shobama '09!

(see what I did with the misspelling of "school"? That's called ironic humor!)

michelle said...

Awesome! It'll be great to see you again!
Is there a particular reason you want to do the grad thing at MCA rather than a different school?

Shobo said...

Well yeah, but you'd make fun of me if I told you, it's a pretty stupid reason.