Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A mural for Greensprings

Greensprings, for those that don't know, is my old high school. I have fond memories of Greensprings, mostly involving games of frantic football in the classrooms... with Fashionable Fashionate's bunched up socks...

Anyway, a couple of weeks back, my dad was asked to do a mural for a brand new kids library in the schools currently-under-construction new wing, and I took a stab at designing it myself, here's what I came up with.

Section 1 -


Section 2 -



Section 3 -


The whole piece -


It was an interesting experience because I had to take into account things like windows, corners and furniture which will be present in the physical location. I'm not painting the mural on the wall myself, but I'll post pictures of the end product once everything's done.

3 comments:

michelle said...

nice sense of atmosphere, expressive trees, and I like the little butterflies and whatnots flying about. Really fun too!

Shobo said...

Thanks Michelle! It was fun to paint when it wasn't a pain :)

Lighthouse Pilot said...

This is gorgeous stuff, Mr. Coker. I hope the artist/s painting it on the wall will do justice to it! I look forward to seeing thos pictures of the finished project.